The Philippine Council for Industry, Energy and Emerging Technology Research and Development (PCIEERD) is the consolidation of the Philippine Council for Industry and Energy Research and Development (PCIERD) and the Philippine Council for Advanced Science and Technology Research and Development (PCASTRD) following DBM's approval of its Rationalization Plan last 29 June 2010, in accordance with the provisions of Executive Order No. 366.
PCIEERD is tasked to perform the following functions for the development of national competence in research and development strategic areas of industry, energy and emerging technology sectors in the country:
- Formulate national policies, plans, programs and strategies.
- Program and allocate government and other external funds for research and development in industry, energy and emerging technologies.
- Provide mechanism of assessment, evaluation and monitoring of programs and updating of national R&D plans.
- Develop and implement resource generating strategies to support the programs for the sectors.
- Support the development of institutions and R&D human resource pool.
- Establish, develop and maintain local and international technical cooperation linkages.
- Develop and implement programs for the optimal utilization, transfer and commercialization of technologies and other research outputs.
- Establish, develop and maintain an effective system for the acquisition and dissemination of research information.
By 2040, PCIEERD is the Nexus of Innovation, the leading contributor to the nation's productivity and competitiveness by enabling Science and Technology solutions in the industry, energy sectors, and emerging technologies, while upholding the tenets of good governance.
Provide strategic leadership in enabling innovation in industry, energy sectors and emerging technology
PCIEERD commits to:
- Formulate national policies, plans, programs, and strategies for S&T development in the industry, energy and emerging technology sectors;
- Allocate government and generate external funds for research and development
- Manage STI programs and projects implemented and supported by the Council towards utilization and adoption
The PCIEERD core values describe who we are and the way we conduct ourselves. While the Council's goals and strategies may evolve to adapt to changing times, our core values remain the bedrock of our existence.
- Innovativeness - We foster innovation by seeking to continually improve and keep better at what we do.
- Integrity - We adhere to ethical standards, honesty, and fairness in all we say and do.
- Excellence - We cultivate and demonstrate an environment of competence, quality, and positive attitude.
“PCIEERD is committed to achieving excellence and continual improvement of its core business processes and services for its clients and partners at all times.”
The policy embraces the following quality objectives and principles:
- Achieving excellence and quality service for its clients and partners shall be the primary focus of the quality management activities;
- Innovative system and prevention-based controls shall be maintained to foster more effective decision making;
- Partners are integral to the quality process and organization personnel shall work closely with them to meet customer’s needs;
- Staff shall be encouraged and empowered to participate in quality improvement activities through teamwork and focused task groups;
- All staff shall have individual responsibility for understanding and applying this Quality Policy in the performance of their tasks;
- PCIEERD management is fully committed to their Quality Policy through active participation in quality improvement activities and leadership by example;
- Full commitment to comply with the regulatory and statutory requirements.