The Philippine Council for Industry, Energy and Emerging Technology Research and Development (PCIEERD) is the consolidation of the Philippine Council for Industry and Energy Research and Development (PCIERD) and the Philippine Council for Advanced Science and Technology Research and Development (PCASTRD) following DBM's approval of its Rationalization Plan last 29 June 2010, in accordance with the provisions of Executive Order No. 366.
PCIEERD is tasked to perform the following functions for the development of national competence in research and development strategic areas of industry, energy and emerging technology sectors in the country:
- Formulate national policies, plans, programs and strategies.
- Program and allocate government and other external funds for research and development in industry, energy and emerging technologies.
- Provide mechanism of assessment, evaluation and monitoring of programs and updating of national R&D plans.
- Develop and implement resource generating strategies to support the programs for the sectors.
- Support the development of institutions and R&D human resource pool.
- Establish, develop and maintain local and international technical cooperation linkages.
- Develop and implement programs for the optimal utilization, transfer and commercialization of technologies and other research outputs.
- Establish, develop and maintain an effective system for the acquisition and dissemination of research information.
The PCIEERD envisions to be recognized for the quality of its people, leadership and performance and contribute to the nation’s productivity and competitiveness.
Towards this end, the PCIEERD commits to pursue and make available S&T solutions and innovations to help create and sustain competitive industries, attain energy self-sufficiency, and ensure the efficient and effective use of emerging technologies for the inclusive growth and development of the country, through:
- a well-defined Research and Development (R&D) thrust from innovative idea to technology development and knowledge generation to technology transfer and utilization;
- active engagement of scientists, researchers and engineers in R&D activities;
- strengthened partnerships and significant collaborations with industry, academe and government agencies to complement resources and expertise.
"To lead and partner with the public and private institutions in generating S&T policies, strategies and technologies that will contribute significantly to national economic development."
The PCIEERD core values describe who we are and the way we conduct ourselves. While the Council’s goals and strategies may evolve to adapt to changing times, our core values remain the bedrock of our existence.
COMMITMENT: Having faith in the system, we are passionate at what we do. We take the extra mile and make things happen.
RESPECT: We demonstrate integrity and fairness in all we say and do. We treat everybody with respect.
EXCELLENCE: Innovative and competitive change agents that is what we are. We do our best where we are the best.
SENSE OF URGENCY: Time is of the element. What we do today is always the priority.
TEAMWORK: Our success is characterized by our collective energy and intelligence. We grow, prosper, and celebrate success together.
“PCIEERD is committed to satisfy its interested parties at all times in achieving excellence and continual improvement of its business processes and services that consistently meet their needs and expectations and comply with statutory and regulatory requirements.”
To achieve this, PCIEERD embraces the following principles and policies:
- Excellence and quality service shall be the primary focus of the quality management activities;
- Management is fully committed to this quality policy through active participation in quality improvement activities and leadership by example;
- Management commitment to enhance the competencies of its personnel for effective and efficient services;
- Systems and controls shall be risk-based to foster more effective decision making;
- Interested Parties are integral to the quality process and its personnel shall work closely with them to meet their needs and expectations;
- Empower its personnel to participate in continual quality improvement activities through teamwork;
- Personnel shall have the full responsibility to understand and apply this quality policy in the performance of their tasks;
- Full commitment to comply with the regulatory and statutory requirements.;
To achieve the quality policy, the following quality objectives are established:
- To attain interested parties’ satisfaction rating of at least 90% for the year through the continual improvement of our Quality Management System (QMS).
- To deliver required services according to mutually agreed terms and conditions and existing applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.